Preparing your home for the market? Not sure where to start? Here are some tips to ensure your home is looking at its best while showing to a prospective buyer!
Preparing the Exterior
- Clean or power-wash (if possible) dirty siding.
- Make sure all gardens and walkways are weeded.
- If there is moss on your roof, be sure to remove it
- Keep your shrubs and trees trimmed, especially if
they are blocking the view of your home. Let's
face it, you have a beautiful home, why not
show it off a little?
Preparing the Interior
- Make sure the air temperature is comfortable.
- Keep your home bright, tidy and inviting.
- Open all curtains and blinds to let in as much
natural light as possible.
- If you have pets, make sure that their living areas
are odor free. If you have a dog, it is best to remove
your dog from the home during showings.
- Repair or replace damaged flooring or carpeting.
- Repair any broken windows and their screens.
- Switch out any broken light fixtures.
- If your walls have a significant amount of scuffs
and/or staining, you may want to consider painting
if your home hasn't been painted in a while.